Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband was in an accident with our dump truck, as he

Customer Question

My husband was in an accident with our dump truck, as he swerved to avoid an oncoming car. The edge of the road gave away and he rolled the truck. He has contusions and muscle injuries, and will require physical therapy. We were advised by an inspector to file a lawsuit against county that owns the road. We have collision, but will not receive nearly enough to cover a replacement truck. this is how we make a living and it has all been taken away, because of unsafe road. We are near retirement and this would have been our nestegg, when we sold the truck. Now we are losing around $700/per day, because the truck is down. This is seasonal work, and this is the end of our season this year. Even if we had the truck, my husband cannot drive, for at least two more weeks. The accident happened 9/19/26, and still have not heard any settlement amount on collision coverage.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: New York State, Truck is 2001 Triaxle, Peterbilt. Values are based on truck specs, not year. That is why insurance company is trying to compare prices on other trucks
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Claim filed with our insurance for collision coverage
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not, just looking for some help
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this situation?