LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

About 5 years ago someone burrowed $3,000 from me and never

Customer Question

About 5 years ago someone burrowed $3,000 from me and never payed me back, since then I have become very depressed and was wondering if there was anything I can do to get it back?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 29 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, there is. In NY, there is a 6 year statute of limitations, when suing a party, for breach of a contract ( oral/written). Since this happened 5 years ago, you are still in the time frame to sue and recover. Moreover, based upon the amount which is owed, you can handle this on your own and file in small claims court, so you do not need to retain an attorney. The clerk of court has the forms for you to fill out and file to start the process and you can sue them to recover was is owe to you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 27 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!