Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Do I have to have an attorney in the same state that I

Customer Question

do I have to have an attorney in the same state that I live,or can it be in another state, this is pertaining to will, power of life, etc. are there lawyers that help seniors
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Matamoras, pa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I have not legally separated from husband, not lived together for 15 yrs. own my own house, not many resourses
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need power of atty, do not want any property he has, just monthly income he gives me not to stop, also update will which is from 1975
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You want to retain an attorney in the State where you reside, so that they are familiar with the rules and laws and can act on your behalf and in your best interest. As far as attorneys that help seniors, if you are unable to afford counsel, you can contact your local legal aid office or see if an attorney would take the case pro bono or at a reduced rate.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!