Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I'm not sure where to start. We believe that a mortgage bank

Customer Question

I'm not sure where to start. We believe that a mortgage bank conspired with a municipal official (who's also an attorney) to lie to us and trap us into believing that we were co-signing a mortgage for the municipal official (who unbeknownst to us was insolvent and faced IRS penalties) while doctoring the paperwork to make us solely responsible for paying the mortgage (to which we had not agreed). House was purchased with municipal official's wife (husband's daughter) who is now deceased. Property in question is now in foreclosure.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Foreclosure suit filed by bank 12/31/2015. We countersued in state court under consumer protection laws. Our attorney does not understand federal guidelines and has mishandled our case. Discovery has shown what we believe are multiple violations of federal law. Looking into options for lodging federal complaints to Treasury, IRS, HUD, etc. and also civil suit against bank in federal court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Very likely that we were burned by a larger criminal issue involving organized crime, municipal corruption. State rep. under felony indictment, more than a dozen police officers, organized crime figure, etc. in illegal gambling scandal. We believe mortgage bank has been laundering the money.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
We need to find an attorney who understands, in detail, the regulatory environment under which a mortgage bank operates in the US. We have a laundry list of actions as long as your arm that we need to know what specific statutes and/or regulations they violated.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
where do we find that attorney?
Thank you for your reply.
The best place to find such an attorney would be the same sites used by other attorneys,, or