Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I have recently lost $ to a fraudulent mortgage relief who I

Customer Question

I have recently lost $ to a fraudulent mortgage relief who I was dealing with over the last few months dut to me getting behind in payments to my bank. Their name was The Asset Protection Law Firm,PA Coral Springs, FL. Is there anyway to get my money back. I've also been recently contacted by another Law Firm who wants to take my case and protect me from foreclosure. How do I know if they are legitimate? They are The Law Office of Leslie Richards of Encino, CA
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I am in Indiana. And what do you mean by paperwork filed?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: From the or against the Law Firm?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont even know. I'm so afraid of losing my home.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. And thanks for using JUST ANSWER. Basically, lawyers from Florida, California and other places cannot practice law in Indiana, and cannot protect you from a foreclosure here. In fact requiring payment up front for foreclosure protection services is illegal was made illegal in Indiana years ago. I hope you didn't send too much money to that asset protection firm because getting refunds from people like that is virtually impossible. However, since you have actual names of people, you can write to the offices of the Atty. Gen. of those states or to the state bar associations to see if there is any way to go after them. Therefore, do not deal with the people who promise you they can stop a foreclosure nearly all of them are scams. On the other subject of foreclosure, if no foreclosure has been filed yet, and you are less than four months in arrears there are programs that your loan servicer is required to offer you. Have you been through that process yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Asset Protection Firm took out payments from my bank account for 4 months to protect me from foreclosure. I am now 5 months behind in mortgage payments

How much did they withdraw each month and what were they supposed to do with the money. Do you still have money on deposit with them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They took out $750. A month for 4 months and told me not to make my mortgage payment, as this $ would go for lawyer protection and court cost

Lawyer protection?? Has a foreclosure suit been filed? I am going to offer you a phone conversation. There is some additional cost ($59) but it will be worth it, but I need to know more about what is going on. We can speak later this evening or tomorrow. You can set the time.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.