CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I was taking Citalopram which is a generic for Celexa. I had

Customer Question

I was taking Citalopram which is a generic for Celexa. I had been on it for 3 years they upped my dose to 40 milligrams. when that happened I started having suicidal thoughts I started gambling uncontrollably.
I ended up losing my job, I owe well over $100,000 to family and friends. I'm devastated now. I quit taking the drug and I no longer feel like I did.I have tons of people that will testify that my behavior and my actions were not that of the person they knew. I need help, I want to sue manufacturers of this drug. My whole life I have been a respected individual and I have lost everything the respect of my family, my friends, and all this happened with in a year.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 29 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn about this situation. Pharmaceutical litigation is a very complex matter, but you can pursue a claim for the personal injuries that you suffered.

While it is possible to try to track down a class action that may provide you with some limited relief, I have found that plaintiffs usually do much better if they contact a local plaintiff's attorney that is willing to either represent them or make a personal referral to a pharmaceutical claims attorney that will handle the claim themselves.

While you are not going to be able to recover all of the damages you suffered (personal reputation for example is not a compensable damage), you can pursue claims for monetary damages.

You can find local personal injury attorneys (also called "plaintiff's attorneys" or "trial attorneys") using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).