Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

A co-worker sold me co share of a half acre of land. He

Customer Question

A co-worker sold me co share of a half acre of land. He nagged me not to use attorney to save money. I trusted him. We had a deed notarized but he left his wife out of it. I learned that the deed is no good without wife signing /notarized also. Cant record my name with county. The co-worker will not give back $25k+. And keeps blowing me off and runs in circles. His wife doesn't know. Part reason he trying to shake me off. What can i do?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good morning out there on the coast. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. Short of a tire iron out on the parking lot :-) it would appear that your next logical step is to hire the lawyer that you should have used in the first place to sue the fellow immediately. The amount of noise that you can create around the office, including going to his wife with the problem might be helpful in getting your money back; however, my experience in matters like this is that this fellow cheated you out of the money because he desperately needed it, and it's gone. Nevertheless, I would not recommend simply walking away at this point.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.