Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I co-signed a lease for my son for four months.....he has

Customer Question

I co-signed a lease for my son for four months.....he has stayed a year and I continued to pay his rent month to month...he refused to move or get a the manager and I discussed my options and we chose to go ahead with an eviction process.
I don't have financial well being to pay his rent
I also co-signed a car for him with the understanding he would get a job and take over payments within four months. A year later and he has not made a payment
As the car in also in my name and he left it at a service department (unable to pay for service) I paid for service and picked up the car
He now wants to sue me for domestic abuse, lose of employment (he doesnt have transportation and by the way doesn't have a job either)
What do you suggest? Give him back the car that he cannot pay insurance, gas or payments for ?? He is stating it was a gift and he is not responsible for payments
Although I live two hours away from him he also wants a restraining order (I haven't seen him in months) He is saying that without a car he cannot go to medical appointments or pick up prescriptions ...
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Dee...can you provide me a bit more information? Are you also on the title to the car? Thanks.