Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I recused my attorney a week ago in a 3rd party case where

Customer Question

I recused my attorney a week ago in a 3rd party case where settlement had previously been rendered. I had agreed to accept a said amount of money in exchange for giving up my "lifetime" health coverage. My attorney advised that he would be contacting the defendant's insurer in the personal injury 3rd party case the next day. Now, 6 days later, the insurer, is advising me that no official paperwork was ever submitted recusing my former attorney from filing for an "equitable attorney lien from any recovery" by the healthcare insurer opposition. I'm deemed mentally disabled among other things and my medical records support I am protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) against certain treatment. My attorney opened a 3rd party case without checking with me, attempted to offer me a settlement offer to forgo my health coverage but I fired their firm a week ago only to learn today that he has failed to submit the paperwork officially separating him from future filings of the aforementioned quoted line. I plan on suing my attorney and the healthcare agency in a joint suit under violations of the ADA as my file clearly shows a frailty in reports with me as it pertains to spending carelessly as well other known health issues my attorney should not have drafted for me to give up. Please advise direction. I plan to obtain all filings and submissions but the defendant's insured won't talk to me even though I revised my attorney firm 6 days ago. How can I stop all future proceedings and it filings.(###) ###-####or***@******.***.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify - what exactly can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** matter? The question of "Please advise direction" is a bit open-ended.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.