Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I filed a petition to strike judgment in court, plaintiff

I filed a petition to strike judgment in court, plaintiff has responded. Am I allowed to respond to plaintiff answer?

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is generally yes. This would be called a sur reply. See HERE. Sur replies are not mandatory, but can be filed unless the Court specifically has local rules prohibiting or limiting them.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sur reply is to a motion. What you're saying is that this is applicable to the petition to strike, correct?
A petition to strike is a motion (in this case), so a sur reply would apply to that as well, yes.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If plaintiff presented confusing facts/issues, pls direct me to a PA statute that addresses this and also the one for impertinent and scandalous inclusions in the pleadings

Follow ups are meant to be within the same vein as the original topic of the question, which in this case was about a sur reply. I'd be more than happy to answer your question about reasons to strike, but this would require a new thread, please. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's all part of the sur reply
Thank you for your reply.
With respect, your original question deals with sur reply and the ability to file it in general.
Your follow up is dealing with reasons for striking a pleading, as well as how including irrelevant items into a petition may be treated, and asks for statutory law to back it up. Not quite the same.