Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I NEED HELP WITH ENORMOUS TOLLWAY FEES THAT I DID NOT DO. MY

Customer Question

I NEED HELP WITH ENORMOUS TOLLWAY FEES THAT I DID NOT DO. MY CHILDREN DID BUT MY NAME IS*****
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: TEXAS
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I RECEIVED A HABITUAL VIOLATOR NOTICE. THATS WHEN I CALLED.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I SET UP A PAYTMENT PLAN WITH THEM BUT HAVE YET TO RETURN THE SIGNED DOCUMENTS.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well my kids charged up around 275.00 in toll fees. Now they want me to pay 1075.00 to settle them. That's 800.00 in "admin fees" they say.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would rather give an attorney the 800.00 than the crooks at NTTA who abuse their right of toll way ownership!

And what question did you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there an attorney that can get me results within these dollar amounts? I am wanting to get this behind me but can't afford a lot off lawyer fees on top of this rip-off settlement.

You're going to have a hard time finding an attorney to handle all of those for that amount of money. While the Harris County Toll Board is reasonable sometimes, they can classify each ticket as a separate offense and make your attorney appear for each one multiple times.

In addition, you're likely going to have a hard time winning the case due to the paperwork you signed. The paperwork that I've seen over the years has always said that the person buying the toll tag agrees that they are responsible for any charges.

If there was not a toll tag at all, and the ticket is for going through the toll booth without paying or having a toll tag, then you are going to have to go through at least one trial and maybe several. If that's the case then the attorney is going to charge you a minimum of $1500, and more like $2500, per trial.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
These are all in the DFW area of Texas.

Sorry, for some reason I thought it said Harris County, but it doesn't make any difference, they both work the same.

Actually the toll tages work the same across Texas.