Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a lady I was dating (fiancee') she start go with me

Customer Question

I have a lady I was dating (fiancee') she start go with me in my company but would not complete an application because she indicated it would hurt her immigration status, so I let her get an official title in the company because she wanted to learn what the company did but now over year after I paid her from my salary but cash. Now she saying that she going to sue me because I did not compensate her but she would not fill out an application. I told her several time not contacting employee you have zero authority in the company. She refused to stop calling employees are going to the meeting. She followed me everywhere I went except the bathroom. What is my legal position in this soap opera.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: do not contact
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she is threating because I am breaking off the relationship
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) What state is this in?

2) What is her immigration status now?

3) Why is she calling the current employees?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!