TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

How can I stop a our semi from repo if the bank already has

Customer Question

how can I stop a our semi from repo if the bank already has it and waiting till noon today to sell. We are having troubles getting it re financed and the day before the repo I spoke with the lender on the phone and was going to bring a check to stop it and he said it was too late.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.If you were to file for chapter 13 bankruptcy, before the sale, then you may be able to get the semi back. At the least it was cause delay, but if you can show that the semi is needed for your reorganization then the court would likely order its return provided that you can pay off the semi in the next five years.If you intend to go that route, you need to call a bankruptcy attorney immediately and have him file a Bare Bones bankruptcy to stop the sale.Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's too late the truck was sold before the ending time of 5pm today.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again.

I'm sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, did you consider chapter 13 bankruptcy, as I suggested yesterday, or did you not want to go that route?

Thanks.