CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

She is asking me for money

Customer Question

she is asking me for money
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I reviewed your prior post with the earlier expert, and if I understand correctly, this is in connection with an individual who claims to be from the country of Nigeria and they are now asking you to send money to them.

As stated very clearly by the other expert, this bears all the hallmarks of a scam or confidence scheme.

You are well advised to do two things:

1) Do not send any money

2) Cease any further contact with this individual

There is not much additional information I can provide you beyond the very comprehensive answer that the expert in the prior post already provided to you, and you are now seeing that the person is asking for exactly what the earlier expert warned you about.

I can tell you that you are not alone, and there are enough of these scams out there that the FTC has published a notice to consumers warning them of this: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/faking-it-scammers-tricks-steal-your-heart-and-money

Fortunately, you have identified this risk before you have sent any money overseas - once you send money it is virtually (read almost certainly) impossible to recover any of it.