Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can you go to jail for sending explicit photos to a minor

Customer Question

Can you go to jail for sending explicit photos to a minor via text message
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the photos are of a sexual nature and were intentionally sent, then that could be considered a crime if the goal is to solicit the minor into some type of sexual act or if it is done for purposes of sexual gratification. The person can be charged with transmitting harmful material to a minor and using a computer to solicit a child.

.

So yes, if convicted, these are normally charged a felonies and can carry penalties of 5 years or more in jail.

.

.

thanks