Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Can a female who was 16 and got preg to a 20 male 8years ago

Customer Question

Can a female who was 16 and got preg to a 20 male 8years ago then got married to him still be charged with rape charges now they have gotten divorced?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.

The age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16. So, no crime was committed and no prosecution can occur, divorced or not.

Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.