Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have received a Civil Suit for a car accident where I left

Customer Question

I have received a Civil Suit for a car accident where I left the stop sign and he hit me. It was a fender bender no real damage but the driver and passenger are claiming injuries. They are asking for $15,000 for damages. They went through my insurance company and got their vehicle repaired and the driver was offered $4,000 and the passenger $2,000. They want more money that I don't have. I have 19 days to respond to the papers that I was served. Please advise, I need a lawyer to fight for me.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this happened?
Customer: It happened in Boca Raton in a CVS parking lot, he was coming in, I was leaving
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They have a lawyer and filed, I need a lawyer to help me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was wrong they say because I left the stop sign and before I could start moving he came in and hit me.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Of course they are claiming injuries, they always claim injury. First of all, if you have insurance, your insurance company has a duty to represent you and provide you an attorney. So you need to contact your insurance company immediately and you need to get them a copy of the lawsuit because their attorney will answer the suit for you and represent you in the case. This is what you have insurance for and just because your insurer offered them money and they turned it down does not mean your insurance company does not have to now represent you when you have been sued.