Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Ok that was fast my husband was convicted with a dui in 2013

Customer Question

ok that was fast my husband was convicted with a dui in 2013 and a dwai in 2006 he completed his probation and his mandated rehabilitation paid his fines and was released from probation with no restrictions but since he didn't file his paper from rehab within a yr he was told he has to do assessment all over again is there a statue of limitations on that ? He completed the program required and the counselor sent in review twice does he reaLLY HAVE TO DO IT OVER
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do u mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: are you a computer
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: what do you mean filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah does he have to redo the evaluation over or shouldnt it be lifted after full term of probation ordered by judge
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
​Unfortunately, there is no statute of limitation when it comes to any part of a sentence in criminal case, including any court ordered as part of the sentence assessment or an evaluation.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 26 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 18 days ago.