Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

How are u? good this is the question i have, This collection

Customer Question are u?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: good this is the question i have
JA: Glad to hear it. How can we be of help?
Customer: This collection agency from germany i guess Auer Witte Thiel have been sedning me emails about collecting money for a subscription that i tried to cancel but didnt go through i guess......they want me to pay the monthly fee plus some other charges i guess, I have tried to pay through the links they sent me to make payment but the lnks never work.....can they do anything else?...I have told them tht I have tried several times to pay but their links dont work.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: it kinda sounds like a scam to me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just emails
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the collection is from Germany, they really cannot do anything to you if you are in the US. They would need to spend money to come to the US and try to collect and if you canceled as you said, they will not do anything and would not win anything. You need to write them a letter, not an email and tell them you do not owe the debt and have no knowledge of the debt and that their communication with you is harassment. I would not pay them one penny, because if you had a subscription and cancelled you do not owe them anything.