Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Most people I tell don't believe this ( and I told a LOT of

Customer Question

Most people I tell don't believe this ( and I told a LOT of people ) but Publishers Clearing House sent me a very official looking letter telling me I HAD won, not might win, but HAD won $10,000. I was sooo excited, I cried for happy. Then I waited to hear more. A day or two later I got a letter from them apolygizing. They had made a mistake. To make it up to me they would enter me in another contest for just us contestants who were mistakenly notified we had won, but it was a mistake. I argued with them that they can't get away with that. It was THEIR mistake, not mine. They put $10K in my pocket, then stole it back. Our lives were full of sadness and trouble. We didn't need more torture and grief from PCH. They sent me multiple letters apoligizong. I would be glad to forward them to you, if you tell me where to send them. As for needing any more heartbreak, my husband, a wonderful man who never smoked or did drugs has suffered over the last 20 years or more with Guillian Barre Syndrome, Parkinsons Disease and Urinary Tract Infections. He's on a permanently imbedded catheter now. I have had 3 heart attacks, lucky this last bitter disappointment didn't cause another, and severe arthritis. I've had that since I was 30. I'm 80 now. How can they tell people, "You won $10,000. OOPS! April Fool! ( no they said "Sorry, WE made a mistake. Your name was accidentally put on the winners line." I'm heartbroken. We REALLY could have used that money. Can they get away with just saying that they're sorry?? And yes, this is the REAL Publishers Clearing House. Oh LUCKY US!!!
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?
Customer: Fond du Lac, WI 54935 Just a week ago. I'd go through my emails and give you all the dates of our correspondence, or better yet forward them to you. I'm not too computer savvy.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I didn't know what to do. This is my first attempt to do ANYTHING.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. We are honest people with a lovely and loving family. Tom & I have been married 64 years come Nov.8th,. Tom worked for WP&LCo, now Alliant Energy for 40 years. We have wonderful friends and neighbors. All good people. We are not liars or schemers. This really happened and I don't think we ( or anybody ) deserves it.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if you can force them to pay you money?

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 2 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/9xhqq-people-tell-don-t-believe-told-lot.html?rpt=1350). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.