Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I received a summons on the 6th of this month on a credit

Customer Question

I received a summons on the 6th of this month on a credit card debt of $13K. I owe the money but I am unable to pay on it. I notified them of the phicial problems I was having that made me unemployable. I am currently living off my social security and immediate family help. The VA has told me I should consider bankruptcy but I afraid I might lose my home. I'm 72 years old
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was seperated from my wife some months ago and during that time she file a chapter 7. this was not a legal seperation. Just some tuff times that required seperation. I was getting extremely depressed because I had lost my hearing and balance. Now I'm learning how to hear again with a coalear implant
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My post requested information on responding to a summons and bankruptcy

Thank you for your follow up.

What state are you in?

What legal question do you have about responding to a civil complaint and/or bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind. Opting out