Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I bought a business from a man just a simple contract .. I

Customer Question

I bought a business from a man just a simple contract .. I had to go to bank to borrow and pay him off ... In the meantime i was making payments to him ... The start was 12,000 i paid him over 5 thousand of it ... He never gave me financials for the bank altho I kept asking he never signed over LLC big part of business ... He has filed for remaining 7 thousand I feel all I bought was a few pieces of used equipment and my 5 grand more than covered that .... What do I tell the judge or is there something i should file before court ?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes he put a temp closed sign on the door the minute we signed papers it was not to be closed for two weeks .... not that that matters i guess
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought a business i didnt receive financials for to take to bank i didnt get llc transfer i paid 5 thousand towards 12 due and now he taken me to court for other 7 grand ? what is my case i think 5 covered equipment and i am done ... what do i file before court or say to judge ?

Thank you for the information.

Are you saying that you purchased a business, but you never signed an asset purchase agreement and that the business was never transferred to you?

If so, what exactly did you pay for?