How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26352
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wesley Chapel Honda installed a lug on my 2008 Honda Odessey

Customer Question

Wesley Chapel Honda installed a lug nut on my 2008 Honda Odessey that could not be removed. I took car to Port Charlotte Honda, it cost $765.39 to remove the lug nut and replace the damaged parts. I think Wesley
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been working with Wesley Chapel Honda and they will not except any responsibility.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Did they explain why it could not be removed? You shared that the installed it, so what was wrong with how they did this? Was Port Charlotte Honda able to provide you with any information as to the basis for the problem?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it was cross threaded
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no more
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. If they improperly installed it, they would need to fix it and correct the problem. Their actions in cross threading it, could be viewed as negligence and they would have breached the duty of care they owed to you, as a customer. If they were unable to fix and correct the problem, they should have sent it out to a third party or in this case reimburse you for the cost of removing it. If they are unwilling to reimburse you and make you whole, from their mistake, then you do need to sue them to recover what is owed. If they will not accept any responsibility, which is odd cause they put it in, you would need to sue for what is owed and show they were at fault.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no I don't wish to pay $59.00 for a phone call.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Not a problem. We can continue online

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.
You should obtain a letter from the other dealer who removed it, advising as to what the problem was. Then you have evidence and proof that the original dealer caused it and could not fix it and they should reimburse you. If they still refuse then you can sue them in small claims cour to recover and get a judgment