LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Wesley Chapel Honda installed a lug on my 2008 Honda Odessey

Customer Question

Wesley Chapel Honda installed a lug nut on my 2008 Honda Odessey that could not be removed. I took car to Port Charlotte Honda, it cost $765.39 to remove the lug nut and replace the damaged parts. I think Wesley
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been working with Wesley Chapel Honda and they will not except any responsibility.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Did they explain why it could not be removed? You shared that the installed it, so what was wrong with how they did this? Was Port Charlotte Honda able to provide you with any information as to the basis for the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was cross threaded
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no more

Thank you. If they improperly installed it, they would need to fix it and correct the problem. Their actions in cross threading it, could be viewed as negligence and they would have breached the duty of care they owed to you, as a customer. If they were unable to fix and correct the problem, they should have sent it out to a third party or in this case reimburse you for the cost of removing it. If they are unwilling to reimburse you and make you whole, from their mistake, then you do need to sue them to recover what is owed. If they will not accept any responsibility, which is odd cause they put it in, you would need to sue for what is owed and show they were at fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I don't wish to pay $59.00 for a phone call.

Not a problem. We can continue online

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You should obtain a letter from the other dealer who removed it, advising as to what the problem was. Then you have evidence and proof that the original dealer caused it and could not fix it and they should reimburse you. If they still refuse then you can sue them in small claims cour to recover and get a judgment