Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Someone has created a hate blog against me with lies to

Customer Question

someone has created a hate blog against me with lies to defame my brand. I want to know the best action to take legally
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Delaware They made a couple of fake blogs up in my name to scare away my clients
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I reported the blog to blogspot what is owned by Google
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You can sue them for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.

If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:

1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;

2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;

3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence; and,

4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that you retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in this matter.

If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.

Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.