Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Wife pay was garnished the past 5 years on a judgement Now

Customer Question

wife pay was garnished the past 5 years on a judgement Now it has stop as the amount was satisfied. Now the say we still owe 3000.00 more. Do we Have any option here?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They telling us this is a continuation of the orginal judgement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a motion to terminate judgment based on "accord and satisfaction" in the court where the judgment was obtained and if the other party objects, then they have to come to court and prove why she still owes more. In CA, when a judgment is entered, there is judicial interest of 10% per year until the judgment is paid off, so you need to investigate why they are saying you owe more to make sure.