RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

Do you need a lawyer to get guardianship for somebody who

Customer Question

Do you need a lawyer to get guardianship for somebody who the doctor declared incompetent at in the state of Arizona
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

While I would recommend the use of an experienced elder law/guardianship attorney, one isn't required under Arizona law. A person can handle the process themselves if they wish. Information on guardianship and a link to the self-service forms can be found on the State Bar of Arizona website here.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. 5 star service is my goal, so if I have provided less than that, please tell me how I may help!