Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Father was put in a Nursing Home July 2016. He is 83 years

Customer Question

Father was put in a Nursing Home July 2016. He is 83 years old. Our stepmother will not give us the name of the Nursing Home (long story). All we wish to have is the name and phone # of the Nursing Home. We live in Kentucky and he lives bin Texas. Is there any legal recourse we can take? We are so worried about him! Thank you for your time
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You have a couple of options here.Report this to APS here in Texas tell them you have concerns about his well being.They will investigate and give you a report, at least you will know he is ok and get some medical information about his situation.

Report Abuse

Call our Abuse Hotline toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nationwide, or report with our secure website and get a response within 24 hours.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

The Office of the Ombudsman represents all nursing home residents in Texas, call them too to see if they can check up on him and at least give you some information as well.

Call:1-***-***-**** (toll-free

I am so sorry the step mother is being like this.I hope you can at least verify that he is ok and getting proper care.I appreciate the chance to help.These are both 24/7 here hotlines.

Thanks again.