Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I have a judgment in Maryland the attorney is now asking the

Customer Question

I have a judgment in Maryland the attorney is now asking the court for a triple certificate of judgment....... what does this mean to me in Florida?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Here they are preparing to record this s a foreign judgment in Florida once the Maryland Court issues the certified judgment.They can then file it as foreign judgement and try to enforce in Florida.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What can they do to enforce it? They did nothing in Maryland and this is from 2011?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

They can garnish wages in Florida , seek sale of anything not exempt. The can garnish bank accounts.These kinds of things.Doesn't matter if it is 5 years old if they renewed it.You can file Chapter 7 here to discharge it in bankruptcy.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

I can do unlimited chat here, not yet set up for calls.You accept and ask away be here all evening.