Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I have a ring that i take in every 6 months to get cleaned

Customer Question

I have a ring that i take in every 6 months to get cleaned and checked. This year i have the prongs fixed and get it redipped. I know my ring has 1 fluorescent diamond, i noticed something different so i put my ring under the uv light and what do you know i have a total of 7 fluorescent diamonds now. I have people who have witnessed my 1 fluorescent diamond. This is theft if i cant sue them if i was to steal from them I'd forsure get sued
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What can i do the only proof i have that it is not my diamonds is the people i have showed it to. They are saying its my diamonds when i know for sure its not.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can i even sue them for theft what kind of lawyer would i need to find if i even have a case.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you have actual evidence as to what diamond was mounted on the ring when it was left for cleaning, such as photos, purchase receipt, etc?

What is the value of the missing diamond?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Like i said the only evidence i have is the people i have showed that 1 fluorescent diamond to. I then showed my sister today the 6 new ones that have been put in. The value of those diamonds i dont have anything besides my appraisal letter. I know my sister in law says if i bring it to a geologists they would be able to tell if those diamonds have been touched or not

Thank you for your follow up.

How much did you purchase the ring for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Total about 2500 but the appraisal is 4900. Fluorescent diamonds are sold for cheaper because of the glow usualy depending on the color sometimes by 15% cheaper. Meaning the value of my ring isnt even what it was when i bought it. Having 7 bad diamonds totally dropped the value of my ring. But the main problem is they stole my diamonds. If it was a speck or something like that where u cant really tell. Its understandable but when u can see with your own eyes how you had 1 fluorescent diamond and now you have 7 its an issue

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, it would be important to gather all of the evidence showing that the diamond was switched by the jewelry company that has cleaned the ring and if the jewelry company refuses to address and resolve the issue, then a small claims lawsuit can be filed against the company and the judge will review all of the evidence and testimony from the witnesses and will make decision on all the facts and evidence presented in the local small claims court.

Here is the link to the official Wisconsin courts website that explains the small claims process:

https://www.wicourts.gov/publications/guides/smallclaimsguide.htm

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can becompensated for my work.

Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.