Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day

Customer Question

I am a Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a very kind 88 year old women in my Ward who is being taken advantage of by her nephew, he is slowly taking over her home with junk he collects, he won't pay rent, he beats her down (Verbaly) when she confronts him. She has asked me to get him to leave, do I have any latitude for such a thing?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Utah, Provo
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing to my knowledge, where would I begin?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He did this with a different aunt years ago but her kids came to her rescue and kicked him out.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking the process to obtain an eviction in UT?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we want him evicted but I don't know if I have any legal rights we can try to reason with him and try and put leverage on him that way I don't know what else to do but there must be organizations that will help in these matters she is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and he's just flat out taking advantage of Her
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe this isn't the place to find my answers I don't have money to spend on such things specially when this is all volunteer work thank you anyway

Thanks
I am happy to provide you with the process to evict...it may be you can assist.
Let me know if you want to proceed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want to proceed and I don't want any charges to my credit card will you please make sure that does not happen I have already received a confirmation that they're charging me 50+ dollars that's unacceptable