Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

If i refused to sign a certied letter...what can happen to

Customer Question

If i refused to sign a certied letter...what can happen to me? I live in a condo, the president is a vindictive, nasty man...i asked permission to pull weeds out of my front garden..and repace with stone and paves..he never got my e-email..asked 2 other board members...they said go ahead. he is after me!fot that i guess...he thins he owns the place. Could i get in trouble for no signing a certied letter...i think this is the reason.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No...just a lot of nasty e-mails...plus this was in the by laws about permission and i did not know it..i do not think president KNOWS i sent hima an e-mail asking permiss
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sent PRESIDENT e--MAIL asking permission...he never gets back to me...so i asked two other BOARD members.....all wea ok withthem. Pres does not like me...
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Unless you are contractually obligate to accept such mail. there is no legal obligation to accept it. Nothing will happen. All certified mail does is satisfy a requirement proving a letter was placed in the mail to the address indicated.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.