Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My sister has managed to get herself the authorized contact

Customer Question

My sister has managed to get herself the authorized contact on my now deceased mother's reverse mortgage account. I know she is trying to cheat me out of my rightful inheritance (proceeds remaining after sale of home). what steps should I take now?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ???
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i don't know what would be filed or reported
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i previously reported my sister to aging and adult services when i had access to the reverse mortgage account and $200,00 had been withdrawn. My sister was my mother's caregiver while she had dementia, then Alzheimer's. My sister and her family lived with my mother in her house. I'm the older sister. i live in a different state and had set up my mother's bills to be paid automatically. I also had durable power of attorney.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Is the estate opened in probate? Is there a will? Does the lender know your mother has died?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Are you online with me?