Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Last year after Culligan sold their bottled water home

Customer Question

Last year after Culligan sold their bottled water home service to a company called Crystal Springs and my account was transferred with my position. I continued to receive regular deliveries as needed and retained the cooler/dispensing unit provided by Culligan. My last 2016 deliver from my new provider Crystal was in April this year and I received 4 large containers. I was billed $36.79 for this delivery. As usual, I released a check directly from my bank to Cystal unknowingly in the amount of $36.78, mistakenly $0.01 under the invoice amount. Several weeks later I received a secondi invoice for this delivery in the amount of $0.01 or 1 cent! Since I could not by bank rule, release a check in this amount, I called the company and the CSR I spoke with instructed me to disregard and the $0.01 underpayment would be added to my next delivery. After calling Collection Bureau of America and explaining the situation and identifying the creditor, I was told to call Crystal and straighten it out directly with them.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Can you just please call me. It is so complicated, I need to talk to you.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have already begun describing the problem on line and cannot go any further since my written message has disappeared.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They reported you for ONE PENNY? Really? Have you contacted them since you discovered this matter?