Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question. I took someone to court 6 years ago, and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question. I took someone to court 6 years ago, and it was a college. In the settlement I was awarded free schooling for myself and my son. When I went to the college I was truly mistreated by the people who worked there, so I stopped going, thinking, at least my son will have his opportunity and I figured they wouldn't know he was my son so it would work out. When I signed the settlement agreement I asked if my son could go to that college to become a police officer, as that is what he has wanted to be since he was 8 years old, they said yes. Now that he is graduated and ready to begin college, we find that the school doesn't comply with my states police officer training program and in fact, they don't even offer criminal justice training. What can I do about this, I feel as though I was tricked as I never would have signed had I known that my son couldn't get his degree there...
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: minnesota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: have you read my question yet?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So to clarify, there is nothing in the settlement to specifically address that the college would provide training for a law enforcement career. This part was verbal, correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.