Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I have several: If a LLC was created in one state and then

Customer Question

I have several: If a LLC was created in one state and then moves and registers in another state, which state's rules govern that LLC matters
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: It started in Penn and has been operating in Alaska for about 6 years now
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: With Alaska, yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, there is no written membership agreement. The members (2) originally agreed to a 50-50 ownership percentage and to split everything equally. One member did the physical labor part, the other member did the management. Management registered the company claiming more than 50% ownership, clandestinely took all the profits and now wants out without liability. There are lots of obvious questions here
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

The LLC only exists as a domestic entity in the state where it is formed. It exists as a foreign entity in any other state. It must comply with the laws of any state regarding the business it does as a foreign entity.

So, it would need to observe the laws of any state in which it operates, as well as the state in which it is formed to continue as a validly existing LLC entity.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Are you online with me?