LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have an HOA fee that has been sent to civil court for

Customer Question

I have an HOA fee that has been sent to civil court for Foreclosure. I want to pay creditor directly but have been told to get total in writing from them first. Just call them directly?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Summit county ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: need to answer in 28 days with foreclosure notice sent by mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to pay what is on claim, but think there may be more fees
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I need you to be more specific about payment. how high can it go?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

Has the suit for foreclosure been filed yet? If so, you will want to get a copy of the suit and on the first page the name and contact information for the attorney will be listed. You need to contact the attorney's office---this is often the HOA's primary attorney---and get the payoff information from them, including court costs to date, and then you will want to pay the attorney's office directly.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug