Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I wanted to no I am receiving foodstamps an i worked at a

Customer Question

Hi I wanted to no I am receiving foodstamps an i worked at a place were he was paying me under the table but was still recording it i didn't report it cause it was under the table what will happen
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in, please? I ask because every state has its own laws in regards ***** *****

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nc.alamance county
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
U there
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

A person found guilty of welfare fraud will not be allowed to get assistance for one year, if first offense. If the fraud is less than $400, it is a misdemeanor. If it is more than $400, it would be a felony and can mean jail time.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!