Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can a non-voting partner in a n AZ resign from the company

Customer Question

Can a non-voting partner in a n AZ resign from the company after not receiving regular salary for 6 months?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, one looks at the partnership contract to determine whether the party can resign or not. Typically, the party can leave, but first must give an offer of first refusal right to the other partners for their interest.

If the partnership agreement is silent on this or nonexistent, the party can typically leave, but must first sell or assign their interest to someone, usually the remaining parties.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.