Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Recently my landlord tried to install a ceiling fan in my

Customer Question

Recently my landlord tried to install a ceiling fan in my kitchen. when he realized it was missing a part he accused me of taking the missing part and is now threatening me with eviction. There have been no conflicts in the past and I always pay rent on time or in advance. What grounds does he have to evict me?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What grounds does he have to evict me?

.

None... period.. He is just foolish and has misplaced or lost the part or it was never included and he is frustrated and trying to blame it on you..

.

However, if you are a month to month tenant, then he could decide to terminate the tenancy with a 30 day written notice at any time. The same applies to you.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks