Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have wrote a letter to a Judge for Leniency for my

Customer Question

I have wrote a letter to a Judge for Leniency for my ex-Husband. I have it written out I need help to make sure it is in a proper form.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brooklyn New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He is due up for sentencing the last day of this month.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I can type in my words for her to see.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Can you post it here be happy to read and respond.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Honorable Senior Judge Sterling Johnson, Jr.,
United States District court
Eastern District of New York
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201Re: Adamou Djibo 15CR-00088 (5-2))SJ)My name is***** work for Head Start of Greater Dallas, Sunnyview Center. I am a receptionist for over twelve years. I have worked in my community for over six years. I am the president of my church choir for three years or more. President of the Turnkey III, Homebuyers Assoc. I have been awarded plaques, certificates, and awards for work I have done in and out of the for services rendered for all community affairs and events. I have been recognized by the parents and teachers of the Gannon Head Start Center for being the "Wind beneath the children Wings" for motivation, Leadership, and Guidance, Vacation Bible School. This has been a part of my life since 1980 to the present.Your Honor I was married to Adamou Djibo for five (5) years during that time we had a wonderful marriage and relationship. Since we have been divorced we have remained very close, and the very best of friends. Because that is the way we are with each other. Adamou has provided nothing but love, faithfulness, support and never ending gratitude. He has been and will continue to be a model father for our our children.My daughter Shonta Bell, acknowledges Adamou to everyone as her father. She misses him dearly. Shonta was two years old when she lost her father. She never experienced the love of having a father in her life until Adamou came into our lives. He showed nothing but perservance and a willing attitude. Your Honor he has always tried his hardest to keep our families together, no matter what the trials and tribulations may have been. His persistence and goal for a better life for of his immediate family to have a better life has kept us together.Adamou has children also, his oldest son Sharif is in college, and his other son Shadat is a senior in high school. Your honor the boys would have not been able to accomplish this without their father being in their lives. Adamou is the only son of his mother. He has four sisters under him. He helps his mother and four sisters out all the time. He started out doing this at a young age and continues it on thorough this time. Adamou being incarcerated for a long period of time would affect the lives of all the people he helps. I was stunned, when I learned that Adamou had been incarcerated, because your honor he is such a positive person. He is proven to be a loving , caring father, and is genuinely concerned for our well being.Your honor I am sure that Adamou is well aware of how his actions affects the lives of his loved ones. His lapse in judgment has taken a serious toll on his relationship with his children, mother and other family members.Your honor I ma asking you to take these words into consideration when sentencing him, I ask your honor that you would also take into account all the people whose lives he has touched who will suffer greatly without him being there especially how his absence will affect the lives of all of us.Your Honor I ask that your sentencing will be merciful because Adamou is very remorseful for what he has done and admits that it is so. While we are talking and praying through our letters which we do a lot. "Out of his own mouth he said these words. If I am given a second chance I will make sure for the rest of my life that I never befall in such a predicament again. He is a changed man your honor he works in the main kitchen and have taken the drug and health program and other opportunities that he is allowed to attend.Again, your honor I am humbly asking you to have mercy in your sentencing of Adamou Djibo. Thank you for your time and God Bless You,Sincerely,Estherlene Richardson
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Estherline this is very well written and from the heart.It will be fine as it sets out what harm it will be on his family if this man is incarcerated.I wish him and you the best here, hope the judge will give this due consideration.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Have a blessed day.