Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like some answers. The wife of Melford Saulsbury

Customer Question

I would like some answers. The wife of Russell Melford Saulsbury calls my me about attending my dad's funeral. She tells me Helen has a limousine and that she has one. I say no. Sometime after his burial Geneva Saulsbury questions me about accepting an inheritance. Another call comes from an individual about this same matter, only I am told the amount of $46,000, do I want to accept. I say no. Before my mother passed she violently sad no to the inheritance.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the State of Pennsylvania. Can I ask you a question about the matter?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is my question. If Russell Melford Saulsbury left me any inheritance where is a copy copy of his will. Where is a copy of Geneva Saulsbury's will stating I am due a given amount of money?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no more questions.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The copy of the will would be filed in the court in the county/city where Russell resided at the time of his death and where Geneva resided at the time of her death. Wills are filed in the probate court where the decedent last resided at the time of their death. Furthermore if they have an attorney handling the wills, they can tell you as well..