How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have full custody of my daughter and i represent myself as

Customer Question

i have full custody of my daughter and i represent myself as well as the biological father. I received his response today and he had it written and submitted by his sisters family law attorney. I did not recieve a notice that he was "represented" by this attorney nor has it been submitted in court. is this legal? (washington state)
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: washington state
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i filed a minor modifacation of the parenting plan and his response decleration was writen and submited by his sisters attorney
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is self represented and nothing was put in/filed that his lawyer is his sisters lawyer
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately it appears his sister's lawyer is agreeing to take on his representation. Unfortunately it is not illegal.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.