Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I BORROWED MY BROTHERS TRUCK TO TOW MY CAR HOME. THE CAR

Customer Question

I BORROWED MY BROTHERS TRUCK TO TOW MY CAR HOME. THE CAR BEING TOWED SLID AROUND AND DAMAGED THE TRUCK I WAS DRIVING? IS THERE ANYWAY FOR MY INSURANCE TO COVER THE DAMAGES RATHER THAN MY BROTHERS INSURANCE.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck? Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the Lawyer about that.
Customer: Tennessee, 2016
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I tried filing it on my insurance and they keep saying his insurance has to pay for damages. I don't want that. And there is a police report filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all. I just need to know if my insurance can be made to be responsible for the damages
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I believe the insurance applies per the driver not necessarily the vehicle so yes your insurance would be responsible. Your brother needs to submit the claim and if they refuse, a suit in small claims court may be necessary.