Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My Sister and I have both been seasonal campers and paid

Customer Question

My Sister and I have both been seasonal campers and paid before May 1 for each season. May1 thru Octoberr 31. We decided to go to another campground this year and moved on September 11th. The owner has rented out our lots, but has not given us back any money for the time we are not there. (6 weeks), but she is double dipping on the lot's we paid for. I told her we should have been compensated for the time and she snottily said to bring my rig back. Can we do anything to get our due money?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we just found out they had rented them when we picked up the mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You paid for space in advance but did not use the space (you went elsewhere) and you want to know if you can force the campsite to refund the money you paid?