Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Someone at work filed a professional conduct complaint on

Customer Question

Someone at work filed a professional conduct complaint on me. I was told a out it curing a meeting with my human resource person. What was said is not true.I want to Know what rights do I have and do I need a lawyer,?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It was filed through our corporate office and human resource talked with me about it today
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...I will tell more whence talk
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The employer must complete a proper investigation. If at the end of the investigation, the allegations are proven to be known false when made by the person, then you could legally sue the person who made the known false claims for defamation if you suffer any monetary damage from the claims. If you do not suffer any monetary damages from the known false claims, then you could not sue for defamation.