Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a male 72 year old polio handicapped retiree who drives

Customer Question

I am a white male 72 year old polio handicapped retiree who drives for an expeditor. A federal employee with the Federal Motor Carriers Administration lied and accused me of fraud to the US DOT. I can prove this. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, this is a civil matter and you can file suit for defamation/slander/libel against the person who made the known false statements against you. You would sue them in the superior courts for damages for everything their false statements caused you to suffer. So, you have a right to take the person to court and seek damages.
You also have a right to provide the proof of the false information to the US DOT for them to have that proof in their records so that the records are corrected.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've been told Federal Employees can not be sued?

That is NOT true.

Federal employees have some limited immunity from suit only in the performance of their official duties, but if they are making known false statements about you then that is outside of the scope of their duties and they are still subject to personal suit for doing so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I left out a word in the agency name. It is the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Adm. This lady was doing the job of approving me for a 4th Skilled Performance Evaluation. She had approved me for 3 of these over the past 6 years. She denied this renewal so I went to my congress woman's office for help and when they contacted the DOT they were told the lies this lady had told them. Does this fall under her protected rights?
Thank you for your reply.
No providing false information is NOT a protected act of any employee. If you can prove she provided false information knowingly then you need to first try to resolve this through the agency supervisors, but you can then still sue her for the false information.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had to force my 4th renewal thru the Agency head but they are almost afraid of this woman. I've got to leave for work now. I can not trust that your advice is legally binding. Thanks anyway.
Thank you for your comments.
You came here asking for information, you were given the terms of this service which you agreed to before posting the question. I have provided you the information that is in accordance with the law based on the limited information you provided to me. You now saying you cannot trust the information is quite disingenuous, but I wish you all the best. Good luck to you with your situation.