MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I rented a home for a month on the beach in NSB florida. It

Customer Question

I rented a home for a month on the beach in NSB florida. It was 3000k a month with a 300 pet deposit and 200 cleaning fee. both non refundable, There was also a 500.00 security deposit. When I moved out the property management kept all three deposits. I offered to complete a walkthrough the day I movert out and the property manager refused. Now I'm being tole the deposit will not be returd. I have tried to get a itemized list as to the repairs and cost. Are they allowed to do this without itemized explanation? Would I be better to file a small claims case or have a lawyer pursue it? Will a lawyer do this for fees if they win? Please help on how to file and where to file
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: can I file online
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If a lawyer represent me and wins are they entitled to fees
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

They are not permitted to do this. You will be able to sue the property management in small claims court and it is likely that you will succeed.

However, as far as cost effectiveness, it may not be worthwhile for you to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit just to potentially recover $500.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.