P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

If someone sexually seduces a legally incapacitated person,

Customer Question

If someone sexually seduces a legally incapacitated person, can they be prosecuted and/or sentenced to prison, just as one who does the same to a child?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

There are such laws...can you tell me what state you are in (so I can pull the law)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A woman took my legally incapacitated grandson's hands and put them on her body and seduced him sexually. He, of course was stimulated and had consensual sexual relations with her, but he was tricked and is not really capable of critical thinking. I think a legally incapacitated adult is like a child and there should be a legal penalty. But I'm not sure if that is the case. Can you help me?
Missouri

Thank you

MN law makes this a crime. You can see the statute here

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.341

Consider reporting this to law enforcement allowing them to investigate and prosecute the case.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil