Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have an issue with an overseas issue & need to know how to

Customer Question

I have an issue with an overseas issue & need to know how to proceed--it involves $
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Can you tell me a little about the situation?

What province are you in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is in Madrid, Spain where he has been since 2014. As I said in my initial question, he is an engineer who took a job as a private contractor in 2014. The project he was working on had some serious issues & the work was stopped. The Spanish company that owns the equipment is not letting him lave the country until the remaining balance of $8000 is paid. He has no job & no money in Spain. He does have a bank account in the US. It has frozen his account since he has been in Spain. I need an attorney to get the bank to let him have access to his account so he can pay the fine & be able to come home. I can't talk now as I work full time & need to get back to work. If you are available at 1 EDT at lunch & can talk then

This is a US question, since you're asking about unfreezing a US bank account. I'll ask the site to move your question to another category, please be patient.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a limited amt of time. I do not appreciate a Canadian lawyer becoming involved for more $ from me when I clearly stated from the initial question that it was US matter
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry for the inconvenience for your question ending up in the wrong category, the experts have no control over that as we are not employees of the site.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####