Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I work at Home Depot and the MOD yells at me all the time. I

Customer Question

I work at Home Depot and Don the MOD yells at me all the time. I cry every night. I have Witnesses, I found out that he, Don, was fired at White Settlement, but Home Depot Rehired him. According to O S H A it states that," A business can be held liable for not providing an employee with a safe environment. It is called intentional infliction of emotional distress!
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Verbal abuse typically falls under the hostile work environment prohibition in federal law. If an employee or supervisor repeatedly abuses a member of a protected class on the basis of her membership in that class, this is discrimination. Even if the abuse does not occur at the direction of the company, your business still could be held liable if it does nothing to stop the abuse.

If you believe that you are being yelled at because of your gender or race, then you can file a complaint with the EEOC. Unfortunately, OSHA cases dealing with verbal abuse relate to whistleblower retaliation. This would mean that you reported the verbal abuse, and as a result, you were fired from the company.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I have u as my attorney to represent me? I am about to go to work and I just want to throw up!

I'm terribly sorry...I am not allowed to represent people from this website. You should contact a local employment attorney in your case.

That way they can help you bring any case you need to bring and also file a complaint with the EEOC.